BOARD OF DIRECTORS
May 21, 2019 at 9:00 AM
Amarillo EDC Offices
801 S. Fillmore – Suite 205
Amarillo, TX 79101
1. Call to order the Public Session of the Amarillo Economic Development Corporation.
2. Approval of the minutes of the April 16, 2019 meeting.
3. Executive Session:
a. Deliberate the purchase or sale of real property in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Section 551.072:
- Purchase of real property located in the Southwest extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Amarillo.
b. Deliberation regarding economic development negotiations in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Section 551.087:
- Discussion regarding commercial or financial information received from a business prospect and/or to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect:
- Project # 18-12-01 (Manufacturing)
- Project # 19-03-01 (Manufacturing)
- Project # 18-12-02 (Information Technology)
4. Discussion and consideration of all matters incident and related to the issuance and sale of the "Amarillo Economic Development Corporation Taxable Sales Tax Revenue Refunding Bonds, Series 2019", including the adoption of a resolution authorizing the issuance of such bonds and providing for the redemption of the bonds being refunded.
5. Staff financial and operational updates.
6. Establish date and time of next board meeting (June 18, 2019).
11. Public Comment:
Please be advised comments must be kept at 3 minutes or less and that the Open Meetings Act prohibits the Corporation from responding and discussing your comments at length. The Law only authorizes them to do the following:
a. Make a statement of factual information.
b. Recite an existing policy in response to the inquiry.
c. Advise the citizen that this subject will be placed on the agenda at a later date.
The Board of Directors reserves the right to go into Executive Session at any time during the meeting on any agenda item for which the Texas Government Code (TMC) may provide for a closed session. However, no action or final decision will be taken during the Executive Session because none is permitted by law.
To accommodate the needs of members of the public wishing to attend board meetings, the offices of the Amarillo Economic Development Corporation, 801 S. Fillmore Avenue, Suite 205, Amarillo, TX are wheelchair accessible via ramp at the entrance adjacent to the Place One Building parking lot. Handicapped accessible restrooms are available on the second floor. Amarillo EDC will provide appropriate auxiliary aids and services, including qualified sign language interpreters and assistive listening devices, whenever necessary to ensure effective communication with members of the public who have hearing, sight or speech impairments, unless to do so would result in a fundamental alteration of its programs or an undue administrative or financial burden. A person who requires an accommodation or an auxiliary aid to participate in an Amarillo EDC program, service or activity, should contact Amarillo EDC at 806/379-6411 as far in advance as possible, but not later than 48 hours before the scheduled event.